About Frank Scruggs P.A.
Frank Scruggs, Esq., has extensive experience as an employment lawyer and corporate board director. Currently, he serves on the boards of directors of Truist Financial Corporation and GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation, including its subsidiary, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Inc. d/b/a Florida Blue.
At GuideWell Mutual, Scruggs serves on the Audit and Finance Committees. At Truist Financial, he is a member of the Compensation and Human Capital and Risk Committees. Previously, he served as a member of the Board of Directors of Office Depot Inc. and on the Board of Regents of the State University System of Florida. He is a trustee emeritus of the University of Miami.
Scruggs served as Florida's Secretary of Labor and Employment Security and, previously, as Assistant General Counsel to the Governor of Florida.
Through extensive board-related executive education, Scruggs is a Board Leadership Fellow of the National Association of Corporate Directors and recipient of a Certificate in Cyber Security Oversight from Carnegie Mellon University. He completed the Directors Consortium at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
As an attorney, he advises companies and executives regarding employment law, conducts investigations for companies, and negotiates employment agreements and severance agreements for executives. He is listed in Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers, and the South Florida Legal Guide. He is a Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society consisting of less than one-half of 1% of American lawyers.
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctor
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude in Government, College of Arts and Sciences
- Princeton University, Master in Public Affairs, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs
- University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School, Advanced Management Program
Frank Scruggs P.A.
Providing employment law advice to companies and executives.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2014-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2011-2020
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Preeminent rated
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2014-2021
- The Florida Bar, President’s Award of Merit, 2014
- Florida Black Business Investment Board Lifetime Achievement Award
- ICABA Icon in Law Honoree, 2011
- South Florida Business Journal, Key Partner Award, 2011
- Honorary Doctor of Laws, Florida International University
- Honorary Doctor of Laws, Bethune Cookman College